Since Brad had recently returned from the hospital, he was taking care of his leg. We joined him in our room for a little pre-celebration. We made Brad a binder of all the notes and cards that he has kept over the years from family and friends. Everyone had a separate page with a note to their father. Brad likes things like that. Jade wanted in on the fun and gave her Grandpa a gift too!
We also celebrated a new father - Tyler.
A future father - Aaron
Then we all enjoyed the most delicious meal and ate until we were all stuffed.
Family + Friends + amazing food = one joyous celebration!
Afterwards, the fun traditions continued. In our family we get together and exchange a few presents and then sing to our fathers. The song? "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home" from our younger days in Primary. At this gathering we had 2 future fathers (Daniel and Aaron), 6 fathers (Grampy, Brad, Russ, Dan, Todd, and Tyler), 3 grandpas (Grampy, Brad and Dan) AND 1 Great-grampy!
"Pat his cheek and give him what? A Great BIG KISS!!"
I think I will look back at these pictures and always smile. This is a "happy thought" for me. I feel so blessed to have so many good men in my life. A father who loves and adores his family - a husband who only wants whats best and does his best to keep his family happy. Each of his children know and feel his love - uncles and friends who set examples of faith and honor - sons who strive to honor their priesthood and love their own little families. My life couldn't get any better. These are the moments I will cherish and hold on to.

1 comment:
Looks like it was really wonderful day and so fun!
Post a Comment