BUT, I did have a wonderful birthday and celebrated with all my favorite people. To start with, I had 4 tickets to Hale's Theater "Guys and Dolls". I've had these tickets for about 6 months and when I got them, I thought it would be fun for the family to see this play around my birthday, you know, a family activity! Well, the previous Monday, during our scheduling time at FHE, I get to Friday, the 5th and say... "Remember, we have tickets to the play on this day."
Dead silence....
OK, so Jacque had a party she had to attend, Aly had the cast party and Brad? Well, being the good sport that he is, he said he would go "if it would make me happy". Of course. But I also knew he really didn't want to go. So, I thought of a girls' night with my favorite friends. I invited Cindy, Carolyn and Leann to go with me. We went to dinner at the Liberty's Market and then enjoyed the play.
(BTW....did you know that the Liberty's Market has a co-ed bathroom???? That is another funny story!)
These ladies make my life so sweet. I am so blessed to have them as my friends. We had so much fun!!
Sunday, my birthday was fast Sunday. I joked around that for my birthday I got to miss two meals and go to church. But in reality, I really enjoyed this day. Attending church on your birthday isn't so bad. Having a day of rest and family around isn't so bad. No errends to run isn't so bad. All in all, I had a great day.
Sunday evening we enjoyed family time at Grammy and Grampy's with all the birthday festivities. It is the beginning of "summer sandals" as Clay would say.
Do I feel older? Not in the least. But I always have some things I hope to accomplish. I'll keep you posted!


1 comment:
Didn't you just love Guys and Dolls? I know I did. Looks like you really had a great birthday.
Post a Comment