Sunday, December 13, 2009

Winter Formal.....Priceless!!

What do you have when you add the following??

One can of silver paint - WalMart - $2.99
One strand of pearls - JoAnn's - $3.99
1/4 yd. overlay material - JoAnn's (40% off) - $2.50
1/4 yd. lining - JoAnn's (40% off) - $2.50
Scraps of lace - FREE
One dress, on sale rack over the summer - $17.99

ONE AMAZING DRESS!!

I love when a "thrift" dress turns into such a glamourous formal. Aly had the idea to add little scrunches of lace with pearls that we spray-painted silver. All hand sewn, but wow!! That, added to the silver top I created to make the dress modest. It was a lot of fun!!

Our last Winter Formal. How many more times am I going to experience my "last" with my last? Her date, Jacob, was a true gentleman and treated Aly like a princess


She asked Grampy to make dinner rolls and London Broil, we served 6 couples at our house and of course, Aly looked like a million dollars!!


My Beautiful daughter!!!

3 comments:

Yvette said...

Love the dress! Aly looks so pretty!

Mom Roberts said...

You did a beautiful job. Gorgeous!

Beth said...

You are as creative as you always were! I love you and your girls! Miss you guys so much! Tell everyone hello for me.