Heartfelt Thanks to Dena Weech for Creating This Blog: "A woman’s moral influence is nowhere more powerfully felt or more beneficially employed than in the home." The Moral Force of Women by Elder D. Todd Christofferson, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, General Conference, October 5, 2013.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Houston Update
Brad and I have been in Houston since Sunday. It's been muggy and nice. I don't think we have ever been in Houston when it's been "cold". Monday, I had tests in the afternoon, so I was there a little longer due to delays. But the nurses were wonderful. Really! I didn't even feel the needle go in my arm for the blood. As she was taking it out, I commented..."Wow...I didn't even feel that go in". She said: "Honey...I AM good!" Yes, she was! Afterwards, we met up with Lane and Kathy Cook, some new friends we have made while sharing our cancer experience. He is also having treatments, something a little different than chemo. We are very interested to see his results. His doctor is also Dr. Kwak and his appointment is right after ours...really. Today, Tuesday, is our down day. Meaning, Brad works hard from the hotel room and I go shopping at the Galleria. Very fun! Then we brave the traffic and head to the temple for a session. It takes us 1 1/2 hours to get there and only 45 minutes to get back! Houston has such a beautiful temple and it is always a wonderful experience for us to be there. Tomorrow we visit with Dr. Kwak. Always a little apprehensive and nervous...probably won't sleep much tonight. I always wonder if I'll have the faith to face the cancer challenge. We will see! I'm sure there is so much I need to learn. Cancer is just not my favorite "class" to learn from. It ranks right up there with math!! hahahaha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey check out my new comment. Text me sometime and let me know you are still alive! Love ya sis!
Post a Comment