We have a "strict" no using the cell phone during FHE time at our house :) However, one child in particular has a difficult time with this rule.....yes, you could say she is addicted to her texting. But she is so good and so clever, that mom (that's me) hardly ever notices when she is texting under the table or behind a book, etc. Tonight was different. Tyler and Jenny joined us for dinner and FHE. During dinner, I finally caught the culprit! She had to hand over her phone and was not happy about it. I told her she couldn't have it until 9:00 p.m. Tyler had a complete fit as he couldn't believe that we did not ground her on the spot. He says we have become soft and "that would have NEVER happened in HIS day". So, I let him be in charge of the phone. What a riot that took place!! Of course, he promptly started texting any boy he could find on her phone....any random thoughts he had. He added a picture of his lips and that really started us cracking up....all except the owner of the phone! She was not a happy camper and repeatedly tried to get the phone away from her brother, but he threatened to touch her face and she couldn't get near him....quite the dilemna. It was better than a grounding and I'm sure that she has learned a very important lesson. NEVER get caught texting at FHE while your brother is around!!
Heartfelt Thanks to Dena Weech for Creating This Blog: "A woman’s moral influence is nowhere more powerfully felt or more beneficially employed than in the home." The Moral Force of Women by Elder D. Todd Christofferson, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, General Conference, October 5, 2013.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Cell Phone Blues
We have a "strict" no using the cell phone during FHE time at our house :) However, one child in particular has a difficult time with this rule.....yes, you could say she is addicted to her texting. But she is so good and so clever, that mom (that's me) hardly ever notices when she is texting under the table or behind a book, etc. Tonight was different. Tyler and Jenny joined us for dinner and FHE. During dinner, I finally caught the culprit! She had to hand over her phone and was not happy about it. I told her she couldn't have it until 9:00 p.m. Tyler had a complete fit as he couldn't believe that we did not ground her on the spot. He says we have become soft and "that would have NEVER happened in HIS day". So, I let him be in charge of the phone. What a riot that took place!! Of course, he promptly started texting any boy he could find on her phone....any random thoughts he had. He added a picture of his lips and that really started us cracking up....all except the owner of the phone! She was not a happy camper and repeatedly tried to get the phone away from her brother, but he threatened to touch her face and she couldn't get near him....quite the dilemna. It was better than a grounding and I'm sure that she has learned a very important lesson. NEVER get caught texting at FHE while your brother is around!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh come on I'm not that bad! There are worse people out there! ...just wait until I'm 16 he he he =P
Way to make me sound like a pansy! He had LICKED his hand and then threatened to touch my face!
Post a Comment