For all you wanting to know the latest and the details:
Aly has been struggling with some sort of "skin disorder", "allergic reaction" or anything else the doctors can think of at this point. At Ashley's Baptism, her skin started to peel off, kind of like a snake....no, just like a snake. It was painful, and we really didn't know what was happening. We took her to the Urgent Care, and they thought that she was sluffing off an internal infection of some sort. HUH?? Since she had struggled with an upper respiratory infection 3 weeks ago, we thought...ok....that makes a little bit of sense. New meds were given. Then, thru the week, her arms would turn red, and be very painful. Up in Las Vegas, she was very uncomfortable and not feeling so well. Brad and I drove home and within 4 hours, I took Aly to the Gilbert ER. The doctor's comments?? "EEWWW" They treated it like an allergic reaction...to what?? We don't know. More meds, steroids and pain meds also. After 3 hours, we were sent home. However, the next morning (Mon), Aly started to have trouble breathing and we rushed her back to the ER. New doctors this time. New meds thru the IV (that is always a fun experience). Still no definitive answers. But they were able to get her breathing regular. Now, in the coming days, we are seeing a skin specialist and also an allergy specialist. Her arms are red, ready to peel again.....here we go! I'll keep you posted!!
1 comment:
Poor Aly! Give her my love...I hope all is figured out. I will add her to my prayers. :)
Post a Comment